This course is mandatory for all peacekeepers and staff officers being deployed for UN peacekeeping missions.
Who can Apply
Member states can apply via their Permanent Mission in New York or via their embassy based in New Delhi. Authorized peacekeeping centres of member states or international organizations can also apply on behalf of their governments. The course is strictly for training of peacekeeping personnel only.
The course is of one week duration.
Structure of the course
Module 1. Conceptual Framework
- Importance of POC
- Range of protection actors
- Key concepts related to POC
- List the Three-tiers concept of POC
- Enumerate the POC guiding principles
- Describe the mission challenges
- Identify special considerations for CRSV and CP
Module 2. Legal Framework
- Legal Basis of UN Peacekeeping
- Operational Legal Framework
- Protection of Civilians in UN Peacekeeping
Module 3. Operational Framework
- Relevant documents for tactical planning
- Mission POC strategy
- Implementing guidelines for military components
- Phases of response and use of force
- Tactical decision making process considerations
- Special considerations for CRSV
- Special considerations for CP
(a) Instructional Fees : $10,000/-
(b) Boarding, Lodging, food and air tickets (economy class) for a team of 4 members will be arranged by member state / sponsoring institute.
Admissions : email@example.com
Other queries : firstname.lastname@example.org